1951 Born in Cape Town/South Africa. 1971/72 Gold Work and studies in Graphics at Stellenbosch University in South Africa. 1973/74 Painting studies at Michaelis School of Fine Art, the University of Cape Town. 1974–1980 Gold Work studies at Akademie der Bildenden Künste München with Prof Hermann Jünger. Since 1980 Freelance jewellery and ceramics artist. 2003–2017 Professor at BURG, Art Faculty. Solo exhibitions in various museums, including Grassimuseum Leipzig, Münchner Stadtmuseum, Pforzheim Jewellery Museum, Joanneum Graz, Stedelijk Museum ‘s-Hertogenbosch, Angermuseum Erfurt and Ludwig Collection Bamberg. 2017 retirement from university teaching.