- Application for Bachelor studies: December 1 to March 10
- Internal application for a Master: October 1 to November 15
- Internal anx external application for a Master: April 1 to May 15
Intern: Exposé, Motivationsschreiben, Portfolio
Extern: Inhaltlicher Schwerpunkt (Konzeptpapier), Motivationsschreiben, Portfolio
Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle
Ofﬁce for Student and Academic Affairs
P.O. Box 200252
Telephone +49 (0)345 7751-532
Fax +49 (0)345 7751-517
Master’s courses at Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design are aimed at graduates of bachelor’s or ‘Diplom’ courses with an artistic/design emphasis. All applicants have to take a course-speciﬁc entrance test; interested graduates of other disciplines who have relevant qualiﬁcations may also be admitted to a master’s course after taking this test. Most courses also require proof of relevant practical placements or comparable practical experience along with this test.
Standard duration of course
The duration of the master’s course is ﬂexible and depends on the duration of the preceding successfully completed degree:
- Two semesters: In the case of a preceding completed degree in the same subject after a four-year bachelor’s course with 240 ECTS points or a comparable ‘Diplom’ degree.
- Four semesters: In the case of a preceding completed degree in the same subject after a three-year bachelor’s course or for graduates of art/design courses in a different subject area or other courses