- ERASMUS IDENTITY CARD Burg Giebichenstein Kunsthochschule Halle
- Application form for exchange students
- After acceptance: advice on Online Learning Agreement (OLA)
IMPORTANT (Corona Virus / COVID 19)
Please send all application documents only via email to email@example.com (Portfolios via WeTransfer or similar if the file is too large for an email). Please do not send applications via post office.
In case your application will be successful it will only be with reservation subject to the condition that our semester will start as usual and that you will be able to travel to Germany.
Pleasde mind the current regulations upon entry to Germany.
Application Documents for Erasmus and Freemover Incomings
In order to apply to an Erasmus exchange or as an exchange student, please ﬁll out our Application Form for exchange students.
Necessary documents in German or English (to add)
- 1. Curriculum Vitae
- 2. Letter of Motivation
- 3. Transcript of your current studies
- 4. Portfolio*
- 5. Copy of ID card
- 6. Digital Photo of yourself (Portrait for ID)
* Advice for applicants for interior architecture: A 4 format; should contain at least 25 pages of own works, max. size 20 MB.
* Interior Architecture – particularities: Earliest possible semester for applying is 4th. Only applications from ‘Interior Design’, ‘Interior Architecture’ or similar can be considered.
* Advice for applicants for design studies: please send a portfolio if you have one, depending on your background. Otherwise, we will require a writing sample. You may send us (preferably) your bachelor thesis or papers, articles etc. composed by you. By all means, please provide a precise and detailed motivation letter.
* Mobilities in the PhD cycle are only possible in the field of Design Studies.
Please note: There is no need to send any Learning Agreements to the International Ofﬁce in order to apply. If you do, however, have to hand in a Learning Agreement for your home university prior to your arrival in Halle, we recommend that you contact your academic coordinator / academic tutor in Halle, since all details concerning study plans cannot be addressed by the International Ofﬁce.
After contacting your academic coordinator please use the following study course plans to complete your Learning Agreement.
For further information about the content of the courses please refer to (only available in German language): https://www.burg-halle.de/hochschule/studium/studierenden-info/studien-und-pruefungsordnungenstudienplaene/
- Winter term (October – February): 15th of April
- Summer term (April – July): 15th of October
- Winter term (October – February): 1st of May
- Summer term (April – July): 1st of November
Please send the application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We cannot guarantee it, but we make an effort to communicate the outcome of your application within 3 weeks after the application deadline. Due to internal schedules, feedback for applications in Interior Architecture and Communication Design can only be given at the end of July (winter term) or January (summer term)
The selection is done by the professor(s) of the corresponding course. Prerequisite is a complete application containing all requested documents. The selection is based on the artistic aptitute for the course as derived from your portfolio and transcript of studies. Furthermore, your motivation is very important and pertinent language skills (English and / or German).
For incoming exchange students, international introduction days (mandatory) will take place 3-5 days before the regular introduction week. We will communicate the exact semester dates once you are accepted.
For an exchange, there are either German or English skills required (level B2). If you have a good command of English language, no German skills will be required. Exception: for an exchange in our MA Design Studies programme a good command of German language is mandatory.
We would like to punctuate the fact that the teaching language in all courses here at BURG is German. We do not offer regular courses taught in English at present time.
If your application is accepted and you arrive without any German skills, please be aware that the extent to which you can be mentored in English highly depends on the teachers and professors you will be working with and that we cannot guarantee one-on-one translations for you. We do offer a buddy program which teams you up with a fellow German student in the first weeks of your stay but this does not replace any language skills. Without German, you are always able to participate on practical courses and do your projects. Presentations of your projects in English are possible. However, access to theoretical courses might be limited.
Please be advised that our university applies the standart German grading system. For more information, please click here.
Bernhard Frank Lange
Campus Design, Kutscherhaus
Neuwerk 7, First Floor
T +49 (0) 345 7751 555
Due to the COVID19 pandemic it is mandatory to make an appointment previously.